Monday, April 30, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Clay club blog with NCECA pics:
Sunday, April 1, 2012
1. The short video for the SNC website about travel opportunities for students.
2. Some blog posts about the student participation in the conferences.
I know some of the students who went were Karl Schwiesow, Molly Allen and Amanda Dabel. Professors Rick Parsons and Sheri Leigh went as well. I know a lot of the students documented the trip with photos. If you could all go and talk to the participating students and Profs, and collect photos from them, uploading them to the SNCFA Flickr, under a set called CCACA-NCECA-2012, before Wednesday's class, that would be extremely helpful.
In addition, if it would be possible to interview some of the participants before Wednesday, that would be an extra bonus. That way, we'd be set up with raw materials Wednesday to move the blog posts and the video forward.
Monday, March 5, 2012
Need to add in recycling around campus
Green School Script:
- Wide angle overhead- zoom in
Meets tour group in lobby
Green man follows perspective student around campus
Student in cafeteria. Has to-go box but is looking for paper coffee cup. Asks cashier for one. Green man pops up and talks about waste of average school cafeterias and how we are reducing that buy using reusable containers.
- Walkway/ slackline/ students outdoors
(Green man slacklining while snowboarder comes down hill, people snow shoeing/playing in snow?)
Time lapse of snow and shot of students walking barefoot.
Green man pops out and explains why students are walking barefoot/ why theres no snow/ whats cool about the walkway
Student walking through isles of book shelves. Stops to pull out sustainability book. Green mans face comes out of book and/or shelf and states facts about our library/ sustainability.
Student approached doors of TCES. Camera will be behind looking at building with student’s head in it from behind. Camera then switches to face students with green man over the shoulder of the students stating facts about the building itself.
Talks about why the boat is there, our research, and partnership with UC Davis
Student walks into garden and puts face up to fish tank. Camera sees student from other side of tank. Green man pops up from behind tank or through plants and talks about the garden and how it is self-sustainable.
- Timed Lights
Students/ teacher/ class in the room and the lights go off. Zooms into student sitting behind computer with that light shining on them. Green man pops up on computer on computer screen and talks about the timed lights, solar and electricity facts. Student gets freaked out and closes computer.
Student gets up to go to bathroom and sees green man everywhere. In a panic runs into the bathroom/ wrong bathroom. Student goes up to urinal and green man pops up behind shoulder. States facts about urinal. Get a shot of toilet flushing.
…that shot then turns into trees spinning and green man laying on floor.
Time lapse between scenes- darken/lighten when enter room
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
automatic lights (always going off)
UC Davis & SNC Profs studying the lake
solar panels and water heaters, solar water faucets
awnings on south side
enjoying where we are
Matt's doing the research.
Admissions interruption, prospective student in the urinal, students in the outdoors
- galleria flickr plugin configured
- galleria autoplay setup
- galleria keyboard navigation setup
- galleria fullscreen mode setup
- setup galleria for use on blogger
- fixed fullscreen escape bug
- created simple function to create new gallery
- developed method to allow multiple galleries on a single page
- must fix: div clears when you press escape key to exit full screen mode
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
2/15 puting together pics for exhibiting student artwork
2/22 puting exhb studnt work video together as well as cooperation of green video
3/5 green video prep. and finishing up exhibit of student work video.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Collaborated on Instagram message.
Contacted Jessica regarding student artist profile for website.
Interviewed Jessica for student profile.
Posted Jessica's Student Profile on SNC Fine Arts blog.
Collaborated on green man script outline.
Worked on green man script
Made titles for green man video. Found music and sound effects.
Monday, January 30, 2012
- contacted Rick for ceramics class video
- contacted Mary for print making class video
- contacted Savvanah for her to come in to class wednesday
- sorted through photos from art shows.
- took a photo of rick teaching students in the wood shop.
- brought Savanah in
- Got all the equipment ready to start video for ceramics
- went to ceramics set up time elapses, and recorded with 7D some students working as well as rick teaching
- picked up go pros after class was over
- uploaded data from previous classes work
- started to edit time elapse
- got equipment charged cleared memory,
- went and shot at print making class at 230
- went and set up print making time elapse,
- began editing cermaics footage.
- uploaded print making time elapse.
- edited ceramics footage
- put together print making time elapse
- set up more time elapse
- filmed brets artist profile interview
- uploaded footatge
- worked on green video screen play and script
- edited brets interview
- worked on green man script
3/7 filmed green man
3/12 went through green man clips lined them up. worked on bretts artist profile. didn't save :(
3/14 snow day
3/21 edited green man video
3/26 edited green man video
3/28 edited green man video and bretts video
4/2 gone snowboarding in CO
4/9 finished bretts artist profile got critique making changes on 4/11
4/11 made changes to bretts video didn't save!!! :(
4/16 redid changes to bretts video
took time elapse from glens art show
made time elapse
exported bretts video
4/18 waited for vimeo account info
4/23 made changes to artist profile exported and uploaded to vimeo
4/25 no class
4/30 filled out survey./
5/2 worked on traveler slide show
5/'7 finished travelers slide show as far as i could,
changed green man video settings on vimeo.
finished working on bfa/Japr video
worked on bfa/Japr video
worked on bfa/Japr video
worked on bfa/Japr video and added photos to ceramics set on fliker
worked on bfa/Japr video
worked on adding Jessica pictures to exhibitions video
fixed up NCECA blog post
wrote blog post for NCECA
interviewed karl for NCECA blog post
worked on and finished high school contact sheet
worked on exhibitions video
worked on exhibitions video
found pictures for student exhibitions video
worked on business card and research who high school counselors are
worked on business card
Posted on blog about instagram
sent out email to students about instagram
Sorted through photos for mixed disciplines.
1/30 - Collecting photos for website, taken in class, and from other sources.
*Artist of the Month, Past Events - JAPR, Visiting Artists
1/31 - Photos and Info from the Austin Young presentation
2/13 went through photos on Flickr, sorting, adding, and choosing for website.
2/9 Photos from Light on your Feet gallery night & Autumn Beck speaking
also interviews from students that participated in Light on your Feet
2/9 Preparing blog post for Light on your Feet
Past week* instagram photos posted (4)
2/13 blog post for light on your feet completed with christy
2/13 proof reading write up for videos
Sorted through photos for snc travel
made student profile interview questions template
collaborated with sean to contact jessica about student profile interview
interviewed jessica and posted on blog with sean
helped with beginning of green man video
helped find music and sound effects for green man video with sean
Karl interview for nceca
helped write/edit nceca blog post with chelsea
japr spring 2012-picked and posted blog pics
added photos to flickr for areas of concentration
added photos of tahoe to flickr for travel video
completed blog post on student show- waiting for pictures to include
posted pics to flickr for travel video from gallery club san fran trip
We're going to be gathering images for the marketing materials today. I've brought photos, and I'll also provide links to places where we can download other photos. Mapping from my initial marketing proposal, here are the areas we want to gather photos for:
1. COMMUNITY. Sense of community. "Small is beautiful." People gathering, enjoying the work, and each others' company.
2. STUDENT WORK. Showing it, developing it. The JAPR/BFA process. Should have separate folders for each.
3. MIXING DISCIPLINES. The ability to play and experiment across media. A good place to gather work in various sub-categories:
c. new genres
d. drawing and painting
f. digital art
4. ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL. Trips and travel classes. Burning Man, High Desert, Etek, etc.
I'm thinking that we should have about 40 really strong images in each category, with perhaps a folder of another 50 or so as backups or space-fillers.
Here are links to online resources for photos:
From the blog:
SNCFA flickr (look at sets, too)
SNCFA Facebook photos
SNCFA Photo Albums
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Follow up with Rick (this coming Wednesday)
Talk to Mary about timelapse (in two weeks)
Creeping and shooting in the art dept
Talk to Savannah (she's in on Wednesday, at 1pm)
(out on monday)
Shooting art department classes
Shooting art department classes (will shoot today)
A blog post (I need to send an invite)
Flickr slideshows on snc website (set up test page for flickr slideshows)
Blog post (instagram?)
Follow up with Admission, contact Logan and Marketing (We'll meet on the 6th at 2:15)
Everyone: bring photos
Monday, January 23, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
You can download my initial marketing proposal here:
And a download for the class syllabus is here:
Your first assignment is to find a website of a comparable college, and look at their art department section. Once you've selected a college website, please post the name of the college in the "comments" section of this post – and make sure no one else has already chosen that particular college. Next class, you'll present on the art department section of that website – so we can get a sense of who the competition is, and how they present themselves. I want you to answer the following questions in your presentation (you should also have the answers in a hard-copy printout – not as a fully written essay/paper, but as a bulleted list):
1. What information about the art department is available on its site? What information seems helpful? What information seems unnecessary?
2. What is the central message of the art department, and how is that message communicated? Do you feel it's communicated well or poorly? And why?
3. What do you think of the design of the site? How is the site using imagery, multimedia, font, and palette? Do you think it is effectively designed? Why or why not?
4. What elements would be most useful for us to imitate/build upon for the SNC Art Department website?
Here are links to what we currently have online:
SNC/FA page through the SNC main site: